JOB DESCRIPTION: DevOps Solutions Engineer
Sector: Financial Services / FinTech
Position: Senior Cloud Solutions Engineer
Reports to: Lead Platform Architect
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Experience: 3+ years DevOps Engineering
Our purpose at Paga is to make it simple for 1 billion people to access and use money. We do that by delivering innovative financial services to the mass market across large,
At Paga we value above all else, Collaboration, Ownership, Results Orientation. Integrity and Innovation (CORII).
DevOps engineering activities at Paga fall within the Platform team which in turn falls within the Product Development group along the software engineering, product management and software support teams.
As a DevOps Engineer at Paga, you will be responsible for creating and maintaining innovative and reliable continuous deployment and integration of Paga’s various applications and components. In addition, you will be responsible for configuring and maintaining some aspects of our platform where Paga’s applications are deployed.
To be an effective Cloud Solutions Engineer at Paga you must:
● Be able to create and maintain new and existing application deployment automation and integration within our cloud based platform
● Be able to diagnose and troubleshoot application deployment and runtime issues
● Be able to work closely with product engineering, testing and platform teams
● Be able to quickly grasp abstract deployment and integration requirements and translate them into appropriate cloud based CI/CD solutions
● Be meticulous about scripting and testing solutions to foster knowledge transfers, scalability and repeatability
● Be able to multitask well and be comfortable juggling multiple product development streams at once. Be comfortable with rapid change and be comfortable taking ownership to deliver results in a high-pressure product development environment
● Have a passion for quality and an ability and willingness to grow the ability of others in your team to meet those standards. Drive quality delivery across teams with which you work
● Communicate clearly and transparently
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
● A degree in a related discipline
● 2+ years continuous experience working on enterprise containerized application deployment automation and integration and 1+ years of experience in Java web application development
● While we use an increasingly diverse software and platform stack, the following technologies and skills are most heavily used and therefore important to have some experience in:
o Jenkins CI/CD solutions
o Kubernetes & Docker containerization frameworks, deployment & management
o Azure cloud services and management
o Java web application development and deployment using Tomcat
o Infrastructure as code practices
o Relational DB administration (SQL Server, PostgreSQL)
o Application monitoring solutions like Prometheus, Grafana and Kibana
o DevOps Automation using bash scripting and Terraform
● Design, implement and maintain CI/CD pipelines
● Manage application deployments on Kubernetes
● Manage application databases running on MSSQL and PostgreSQL
● Design and maintain application monitoring and metrics collections
● Build tools to reduce occurrences of errors and improve existing software engineering processes through automation
● Provide technical support by performing root cause analysis on QA and production infrastructures
● Design and document procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance
● Strive to continuously improve existing processes used within the platform and software engineering teams
Click on this link https://paga.bamboohr.com/jobs/ to apply for this job. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices.
Your application was submitted successfully.